Name and Credentials: (Frances) Abby Parker, LMT, license MAT#6037 since March 2001, Ashiatsu Instructor
Training: American Institute of Massage Therapy and Hawaii Healing Arts College, Kailua, HI graduate 2001.
Work Experience: Self Employed 2001-2003; North Shore Natural Balance Massage, owner, 2003-2011 (name changed to North Shore Ashiatsu and Massage 2009) Ka'ala Healing Arts, Waialua, HI; Turtle Bay Resort, Nalu Kinetic Spa 2012-2013; Self Employed 2013-current North Shore Ashiatsu and Massage located at Ka'ala Healing Arts in Waialua
Ashiatsu Instructor, Barefoot Masters® continuing education since early 2014-2018.
Ashiatsu Instructor (in training), DeepFeet Bar Therapy® 11/2018
- Lomilomi: Brenda Mohalapua Ignacio LMT
- Repetitive Use Injury Therapy: Michael Young
- Chair Massage: David Palmer, TouchPro Institute
- Thai Massage I & II and Thai Foot Reflexology: Thai Massage School of Chang Mai, Thailand
- Myofascial Release I: John F. Barnes PT,
- British Sports Therapy: Stuart Tawes Instructor/Developer
- Lymph Drainage Therpay I: Bruno Chikly MD, DO (hon), The Upledger Institute, Inc.
- CranioSacral Therapy I: Roy Desjarlais LMT, CST-D, The Upledger Institute, Inc.
- Ashiastu I, II & III and Fijian massage: Michelle D. Mace-Lambert LMT, The Barefoot Masters
- Medical Massage Therapy: David C. Morin, BA, RMT, Health Matters Seminars, 5 course certificate (80 hours).
- Secrets of Deep Tissue: Robert B. Hasse, LMP
- The Cupping Revolution: Lisa Dowling
- Ashiatsu Basics Instroctor Training: Deepfeet
- Physical Assessment and Objective Documentation: Health Matters Seminars, Wanita R. Thompson, RN, LMT and David Morin, BA, RMT (This completes the Medical Massage Certification 100 hours program)
- Ethics for Clinical Massage: Health Matters Seminars, Wanita R. Thompson, RN, LMT
- Practice Philosophy: I believe listening to the client is very important. Paying attention to the feel of the body's tissue as I massage. Softening muscle tissue is an art I enjoy practicing.
Why I do what I do: I love being a massage therapist for many reasons. One being that I love people and helping them feel better. I strive to continue my education to understand the body and techniques that will better assist my clients. Ashiatsu and medical massage are what I love most! Ashiatsu allows me to give broad strokes, with firm or light pressure, that is easy on my body. It feels like I am ironing out the muscle tissue and my clients love it! Medical massage is also very satisfying and always interesting. I work with clients who have injuries from car accidents (no fault insurance), or work related (work comp), or sports related (too much fun!). My specialty areas are neck and shoulders, hip and knees. I often use a combination of techniques to meet each individual's need.
A little bit about me: I love living on the North Shore and being part of this community. I enjoy surfing (small waves), swimming and snorkeling, riding my bike on the beautiful bike path, beach combing, collecting beads and making jewelry, continuing education in art and massage! I love to travel enjoying architecture, culture and food. A good book to expand my horizons and imagination. A good film or to be in nature and find inspiration!