Aloha! My name is (Frances) Abby Parker, licensed massage therapist, MAT#6037 March 2001, Ashiatsu Instructor, massage educator, owner of North Shore Ashiatsu and Massage, MAE #1821
I attended American Institute of Massage Therapy in 2000. Apprenticeship at Hawaii Healing Arts College, Kailua, HI 2000-2001.
I opened North Shore Natural Balance Massage, in 2003-2011 at Ka'ala Healing Arts, Waialua, HI. Name changed to North Shore Ashiatsu and Massage 2009.
Employed at Turtle Bay Resort, Nalu Kinetic Spa 2012-2013.
I reopened at Ka'ala Healing Arts in 2014-2018.
I relocated to the historic building 'The Koga Theater' next to Pa'alakai Bakery in Waialua November 2018. This move has allowed me to offer employment to other professional massage therapist, teach continuing education in ashiatsu, and massage basics for beginners to apprenticeships for aspiring persons interested in the healing arts.
Ashiatsu Instructor, Barefoot Masters® 2014-2018.
Ashiatsu Instructor, DeepFeet Bar Therapy® 11/2018- current
I have enjoyed almost 20 years of self employment as a massage therapist and the last several years as an educator (yet always a student myself)! Contact me if you are interested in learning ashistau or becoming a professional massage therapist. I am able to provide hours for LMT's from out of state for licensure in Hawaii. (upon state approval through application process)
- Lomilomi: Brenda Mohalapua Ignacio LMT
- Repetitive Use Injury Therapy: Michael Young
- Chair Massage: David Palmer, TouchPro Institute
- Thai Massage I & II and Thai Foot Reflexology: Thai Massage School of Chang Mai, Thailand
- Myofascial Release I: John F. Barnes PT,
- British Sports Therapy: Stuart Tawes Instructor/Developer
- Lymph Drainage Therapy I: Bruno Chikly MD, DO (hon), The Upledger Institute, Inc.
- CranioSacral Therapy I: Roy Desjarlais LMT, CST-D, The Upledger Institute, Inc.
- Ashiastu I, II & III and Fijian massage: Michelle D. Mace-Lambert LMT, The Barefoot Masters
- Medical Massage Therapy: David C. Morin, BA, RMT, Health Matters Seminars, 5 course certificate (80 hours).
- Secrets of Deep Tissue: Robert B. Hasse, LMP
- The Cupping Revolution: Lisa Dowling
- Ashiatsu Basics Instructor Training: Deepfeet Bar Therapy
- Physical Assessment and Objective Documentation: Health Matters Seminars, Wanita R. Thompson, RN, LMT and David Morin, BA, RMT (This completes the Medical Massage Certification 100 hours program)
- Ethics for Clinical Massage: Health Matters Seminars, Wanita R. Thompson, RN, LMT
- Sarga Silks Deepfeet Bar Therapy
- Advanced Ashiatsu Deepfeet 2
- Deepfeet 3
- Ashi Thai
- Yomassage Training
Welcome Back Melody Gifford!
Aloha! My name is Melody Gifford. I have always been fascinated learning about the body (background- BS in Physical Education, Houghton College, 2002), and holistic healing, I decided to go back to school to learn massage.
I graduated from Hawaii Healing Arts College and became a Licensed Massage Therapist (MAT #16072) in 2019.
Shortly after becoming licensed, I wanted to see what Ashiatsu was all about... so I came to get an Ashiatsu from Abby Parker and it was the BEST MASSAGE I’d ever had in my life. It was deeply relaxing and therapeutic. I knew I had to learn this modality. So I jumped right in and took her very next class.
I love giving massage for many reasons. As I said, I love learning about the body (anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, etc) ... But mostly, I truly love to care for people through massage. It feels so good to be able to make people feel better, both physically and emotionally, through massage. It makes me feel that I am doing exactly what I should be doing.
I specialize in Swedish relaxation and Ashiatsu massage, and I am excited to continue to learn and grow in more modalities in the years to come.
I really enjoy working at North Shore Ashiatsu and Massage. It is a very professional, clean, and peaceful place to be.